Tuesday 21 December 2010

Blog Title

For any not familiar with Lloyd Alexander's great works "The Prydain Chronicles":

Firstly, shame on you! Read them!
Secondly, you may require some explanation as to the title of this blog.  The series is primarily about a young Assistant Pig-Keeper called Taran, who is called upon to complete great adventures and save the world from evil.  To quote from Lloyd Alexander himself:

The chronicle of Prydain is a fantasy. Such things never happen in real life. Or do they? Most of us are called on to perform tasks far beyond what we believe we can do. Our capabilities seldom match our aspirations, and we are often woefully unprepared. To this extent, we are all Assistant Pig-Keepers at heart. 
Lloyd Alexander

I chose the title because I certainly feel "woefully unprepared" for writing, especially of some of the more weighty matters.  Also, although I hope I will improve, I suffer no delusions as to my capabilities and in general my aspirations certainly do greatly outweigh them.  Therefore, although we may all be "Assistant Pig-Keepers at heart" I feel that I am more greatly one than most.

J


No comments:

Post a Comment